Sunday, June 14, 2015

Travel Itinerary

“I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Well, as by request, I have finally pieced together my travel log for the next seven weeks...

I have spent countless hours on the internet and with my head in books about taking South America by foot. I've read everything from blog posts like "Backpacking through South America on a budget" and "A Woman Traveling Alone" How to Stay Safe." From "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed (lol) to Lonely Planet's South American Encyclopedia for travelers. I am passionate about this journey, therefore I have done my work. I have been like a sponge this past year, preparing for South America. I can't believe it's finally here! It's such an overwhelming sensation, when you wait for something for so long, and then it finally arrives. And now I don't know what to do with the energy of all of this anticipation. I feel like a child on Christmas Eve.

I feel prepared. I feel like I have a strategy, or a game plan, or at least an idea of what my backpacking agenda will look like. My pack is full, my heart is open. I've got my feet on the ground and my head in the clouds.

Of course my plans could potentially change at any given moment. I may meet a few travelers going somewhere that I hadn't thought of! I may end up bored in one place, and loving another more than I anticipated. All I really know is that I must be flexible, patient and open to new ideas. I must stay aware, curious and humble to the pull of the universe! I am going to let the wind take me where it desires. I am alive!

My heart is ready to embark on my long awaited South American journey! Here is an outline of where I will be traveling too....

June 22nd - Leave Buenos Aires! 2:30pm bus to Salta from Retiro Station

June 23rd - Arrive in Salta, stay the night at Hostel La Covacha

June 24th - 29th // Backpack villages of Jujuy and Salta Regions

June 30th // San Pedro de Atacama, Chile I plan on taking a SPACE tour, with fantastic views of the night sky!

July 1st - 3rd //  3 Day Salt Flats Tour through San Pedro Atacama and Southern Bolivia with Cordillera Traveller

July 3rd // Stay the night in Uyuni, Bolivia

July 4th // Train to La Paz, Bolivia

July 4th - 10th // Colibri Camping Eco-Village

July 11th-12th // Explore La Paz, Bolivia

July 13th- 16th // Lake Titicaca and Isla del Sol, Bolivia

July 17th // Bus to Arequipa, Peru - Travel overnight to Paracas, Peru

July 18th - 20th // Paracas National Park, Peru

July 21st // Lima, Peru

July 23rd // Mom lands in Lima

July 26th - July 28th // Cusco, Peru and Pisac of the Sacred Valley

July 29th-30th // Machu Picchu, Peru with Loki Hostel

July 31st - August 2nd // Explore Lima, Peru

August 3rd // Fly to Miami

August 4th // BOWLING GREEN, KY!

I am not sure what will come for me after this trip. I plan to take a sweet "savasana" in Bowling Green with my family and friends. I'd like to teach some yoga, explore my homeland, come back to my roots, and save a little money before heading back west to finish my degree. I look forward to blogging more after my travels. This is my first blog and it's been an interesting experience. I really enjoy writing, and I believe that moments are mean to be shared. I hope that I can help to inspire you to take on the world and travel a bit! There is so much to explore! Peace and love my friends. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment